Benefits Of Essential Oils For Hair
Essential oils have been used for a variety of purposes for many, many years. Coming from natural plants, essential oils have become widely popular for possessing valuable properties.
Among the most widely known benefits of essential oils, we can mention:
• Antibacterial: Essential oils have been found to possess unique antibacterial properties. Basil, thyme, rosemary, clove, oregano and sage oil are the most common sources of antibacterial uses.
• Antifungal: Those oils that have been found active against ringworm and other kinds of fungus. Apparently, spice and herbal essential oils, such as fennel, lemongrass, cinnamon, wild basil and Brazilian cherry oils may be the most effective type to fight fungus.
• Stimulating: Perhaps one of the most widely sought-after effects of essential oils. For centuries, these substances have been said to trigger certain bodily sensations, such as increase in temperature, stimulation of erogenous areas or simply, an overall relaxing sensation.
• Fragrant: The relevance of essential oils in aromatherapy is such that the whole industry depends pretty much on the existence and subsequent development of aromas stemming from natural sources, like lavender or rosemary, for example.
Using Essential Oils for Hair
Because of their highly volatile qualities, essential oils alone can do very little when it comes to treating hair and improving the way it looks. Therefore, they can be used as long as they are embedded in other substances.
To optimize use and application, essential oils must be diluted in carrier oil which will ensure that the fragrance and all other properties inherent in the essential oil are effectively transmitted.
Suitable carrier oils will have little or no fragrance since its main task is to carry the properties of the essential oil onto the person’s hair. Among the most widely-used oils, one can find jojoba oil, grape seed oil, sunflower oil and sweet almond oil. These past years, several manufacturers have solved the issue by adding the essential oils directly into the hair conditioner.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils in Hair Care
• Hair Growth: Patients who have experienced hair loss have found an optimal solution by using the following oils: cedar wood, lavender, rosemary and thyme.
• Hair Dryness: People who have dry hair know all too well about struggling with tangled tresses whose ends split easily. These essential oils are useful weapons to fight those symptoms by stimulating the sebaceous glands on your scalp: geranium, sandalwood, lavender and rosemary.
• Excessive Oil: On the other hand, people with excessively oily scalps find it difficult to prevent hair from looking greasy and weighed-down. Due to their astringent properties, these oils are effective treatments: rosemary, lemon, peppermint, cypress and lavender.
• Build-up Treatment: Because we tend to expose our hair to too many chemicals, we sometimes need to undergo an effective cleansing process. A mix of certain essential oils has been found to do the job quite well.
• Scalp Flakiness: Occasional flakiness can be greatly improved by using Tea Tree or Lemon oils.
Since more benefits are certainly waiting to be uncovered, we should all set out on the quest to find the best essential oil for hair.